Thursday, May 3, 2007

Call your Mother!

Mother's Day is May 13th in the US, just 10 days away. You could send flowers, take mom to lunch, or dash off a card at the last minute...or you could do something you know your mom wants: call her. That's right, the simple gift of your voice.

CallingCards.com offers free 10-minute calls to anywhere in the world. There are no restrictions, and you don't even need a credit card. No matter how tight your budget is, you can afford a free 10-minute call to your mom, right? You might think she knows, but it never hurts to tell her how much she means to you, and to thank her for all that she's given you over the years.

Whatever you do for Mother's Day, make sure it comes from the heart. My mom still has all the odd gifts from past holidays - bits of dried flowers and burlap, glittered drawings, ribbons from long-gone bouquets - proudly displayed, even though I'm well past those years. I don't live nearby anymore and I'm frequently on the road, but even when I don't make it home for long stretches I'm sure to stay in touch. Just pick up the phone - your mom will thank you.

No comments: